The extremely late summary of August’s books:
73) Ruth Rendell — End in Tears
20th in the Inspector Wexford series.
74) Dick Francis — Reflex
75) Francis Durbridge — Paul Temple and the Curzon Case (audio book)
76) Edward Marston – the Queen’s Head
First of the Nicholas Bracewell mystery series, set in a theatrical company in Elizabethan London.
77) Jean Plaidy – The Shadow of the Pomegranate
Historical novel about Katherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry the Eighth.
78) PD James — A mind to murder
The second book in the Adam Dalgliesh series, previously reviewed here.
79) Jennifer Ashley — The Duke’s Perfect Wife
Fourth and final book in the Highland Pleasures quartet of romance novels about four brothers who are Scottish Lords in Victorian Britain.
80) Georgette Heyer — Behold, Here’s Poison
Re-read of Heyer’s golden age murder mystery. Previously reviewed here.
81) Gladys Mitchell — The Mystery of a Butcher’s Shop (The Mrs Bradley Mysteries)
Second of the long-running Mrs Bradley mystery series.